Monday, February 2, 2009

Just getting started...

Welcome to my blog for LIS 680... I am just figuring this out so I hope to be able to make some improvements as I get more comfortable. I have never had any real interest in blogging, although I do read some blogs. This is kind of indicative of the brief discussion we had in class about how we tend to like the technologies that we like and spurn the ones that we don't. I regularly use some social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace, to contact my existing friends, but the idea of interacting with strangers and writing blogs for the world to read is something I've always been a little wary of. However, I am interested in how these technologies are currently being used and can be used for educational and library purposes. The youtube video and the statistics that we discussed about how students are currently using and changing media and technology were not entirely surprising to me, but they do make the point that learning and education need to be adapted to fit changing needs. I look forward to learning more (and blogging about) this over the course of the semester...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog. I think you are right that we become defenders of the technologies we feel comfortable with and eschew the rest. Who knows? Maybe you will become a spokesperson for the blog??

    ReplyDelete